Benefits of a Property Manager
Allow LJ Hooker City Residential to help you manage your investment property with peace of mind that you are in great hands.
LJ Hooker City Residential has a team of experienced property managers who can help make sure you receive a reliable income stream, excellent capital growth and the best returns possible - as well as a guarantee of exceptional customer service.
You will receive regular and thorough property inspection reports, copies of all important documents and a regular review of rent rates within the local market to help you achieve the best return on your investment.
The key roles of an LJ Hooker Property Manager:
- Advertising your property for rent
- Open your rental property for viewings
- Screening tenants including reference checks, rental history review
- Manage the condition report process
- Manage the tenancy agreement signing process and handling questions
- Manage your financial accounts for the investment property and provide regular reports
- Inspect the property on a regular basis
- Organise tradespeople for repairs and maintenance
Property Management FAQs
If you're considering renting your property and have questions regarding property managment, we hope the information below will provide an answer. For a no obligation, free rental appraisal click on Rental Market Update Request.
How many property managers do you have servicing the area?
- At LJ Hooker City Residential we have 6 Senior Property Managers, 4 Assistants, 1 Department Manager, 1 Receptionist, 1 Accounts Clerk, 2 Leasing Managers and 2 Business Development Managers. We manage in excess of 800 properties with a strong team.
- There is a maximum number of properties per portfolio to ensure top quality service to all clients. Your Property Manager keeps in touch with you, the owner, and oversees all issues pertaining to their property portfolio.
- The Property Management Assistants carry out tenant liaison duties and keep record of all maintenance, record keeping, filing, scanning, etc.
- The Leasing Managers show properties to prospective tenants, plan the daily viewings, carries out tenancy checks and records all rental references.
- Business Development Managers Rob Woolmer and Ervina Deng work with the owners to make their transition as a Landlord and as new customers to LJ Hooker City Residential as smooth as possible.
- Our receptionist fields enquiry on our properties throughout the day, assist with the viewing bookings, take and receipt rental payments into our trust account, assist prospective tenants with suggestions of properties and give further information on all rental properties.
How many properties are in each portfolio?
- We currently have in excess of 800 properties in our portfolio and a 13 strong dedicated Property Management Team to manage them.
- We do not have plans to be the biggest property management group in the Perth area, just the best.
- We are proactive in our training and development and endeavour to be one person overstaffed at all times to ensure adequate staff to manage your property efficiently.
- We are able to manage these properties well as each Property Manager must adhere to our specially designed systems and strategies.
Who does the quarterly inspections?
- Your Senior Property Manager will perform all property inspections. Their assistants will deal with maintenance and tenant compliance issues.
- Your Senior Poprerty Manager will spend at least 30 minutes at your property to take notes and to thoroughly check all items as per the checklist.
- Photographs will always be taken of the front and the rear of the property plus any pending maintenance issue. Should extra photos be requested by the owner i.e. pool, garden, specific items, these will also be taken at the time of the inspection.
- Owners will be contacted should an issue arise at the property i.e. maintenance, tenancy issues, all arrears issues.
What fees and charges do you apply?
- Our fees are in keeping with the other local reputable agents. Please contact our Business Development Managers for further details.
What are your vacancy rates?
- Currently our vacancy rate is approximately 2.5%
- In peak times, our vacancy rate has been as low as 1%
- We have a 2 full time Leasing Managers who conduct property viewings all day, as the prompt sourcing of a suitable tenant is of the highest priority to us.
- We find that if a property is well presented, well located and priced within market norms, the property should be leased within the first 7 days.