After Hours Maintenance Request

If you have a maintenance issue in your rental property, please use the form below to submit a maintenance request, so that we can action your request as quickly as possible. If urgent and outside office hours and you have issues using the below form direct contact details are included below.

Please note that this is procedure is for tenants of LJ Hooker City Residential Perth, WA tenants only.

During your tenancy you may encounter an emergency situation. An emergency is defined as something that may cause more damage to the property, harm someone, or may cause more damage if left unattended. As our property managers are only contactable during office hours you will need to use the following procedure.

Break in or damage to glass

In the case of a break in you will need to contact the police. The police will then give you a police report number which you are required to give to the property manager as soon as possible.  Without this number we cannot make an insurance claim and the cost of the repair will be at your own expense. If there is further damage besides glass damage to the property please let your property manager know as soon as possible. 

Below are the contact numbers for recommended glaziers. You may use these if you cannot get hold of the property manager:

  • Active Glass Repairs - 9271 2650
  • O Brien Glass Repairs - 9248 7342

You may instruct the glazier to forward the invoice directly to our office.

If the glass breakage is the result of an act attributable to yourself, you may call a glazier to repair the broken glass but the cost of the cost of the repair will be at your own expense.

Hot water system stops working

If your property has a gas hot water system, check that the pilot light is on. If it is after hours and you cannot contact your property manager, please contact one of the following contractors:

Gas hot water system:

  • Mr Blockage Plumbing and Gas - 9375 1499 OR 0415 478 648

Electrical hot water system:

  • Mactec Electrical - 1300 MACTEC OR 13 622 832

Please note if the issue is a leak please call one of the above stated plumbers.

Electrical problem that may cause harm to tenant

You may contact the below electrician:

If your power has gone out/your RCD has tripped, please see the help page below from Mactec before calling the after hours number.

  • Mactec Electrical  1300 MACTEC  OR 13 622 832

Lost keys or locked inside the property

You may contact a locksmith directly however this is at your own cost. If you lose or lock your keys inside the property during business hours you may come and collect our office set of keys to allow you access to the property. These keys must be returned to our office as soon as possible. Please do not contact your property manager after hours if you have locked yourself out of the property. Below is our recommended locksmith:

  • Western Lock Service - 9227 6200 OR 0417 998 495

Severe storm damage or severe damage to the property

In the case of severe storm damage OR severe property damage please take the following steps:

If during office hours please contact your property manager. 

  • SES (State Emergency Service) 1300 130 039

If anyone is injured please call an ambulance on 000.

If there are any burst water pipes at the property please turn the water off at the mains and call one of the below recommended plumbers.

  • Mr Blockage Plumbing and Gas - 9375 1499 OR 0415 478 648

If there is any urgent electrical damage please turn the electricity off at the mains and call the below electrician.  

  • Mactec Electrical- 1300 MACTEC OR 13 622 832

If there is structural damage to the property, electrical problems or flooding, we recommend you do not stay at the property. The property manager will contact the building insurer the next working day, who will send an assessor and attend to any structural repairs.

Please note that if you go ahead with a repair that IS NOT classified as an emergency, the owner is NOT obligated to pay for any expenses incurred. Additionally if any maintenance is carried out at the property and found not to be the owners responsibility but as fault by the tenant you will be held accountable for any expenses.